LANCER STATS PAGE
RANDOMNESS & PROBABILITY
Back to Lancer Stats Home Page
Here is the link to the ARTIST test for Probability for 2009. Get this done by Dec 1. The Access code is OVZ1265CDU.
Repeat until you can't get it out of your head..."Independent events can NOT be disjoint." "Disjoint events can NOT be independent."
Here is a short survey of the big ideas
of probability from the folks at Hyperstats
- Here are some exercises for the Hyper-stats unit.
- This one is a link to Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies, OK, it is for younger kids, but has a great review of some basic ideas.
Videos, There are assorted videos and tutorials on various ideas on probability.
- Two pages of probability tutorial is at Stat Trek. At the bottom, click on to the next page.
- Here is a series of short links to cover topics in probability. You always need one more look at conditional probability and independence..
- And for one MORE look at conditional probability, this is a short note with a worked example.
- Probability problems are often about Permutations and Combinations... Here is a series of links to reveiw these important counting themes.
- For those who are curious, here is a copy of two posts that explain how to find the probability of getting a run of n heads or tails in a row in a series of ten (or any other number) flips.
- Here is a little activity called The Greedy Pig. Don't ask who it is named for, don't even think about it; just go and have fun.
- Here is a short article on Simpson's Paradox, one of those strange things that can happen with categorical data sets.
- And here is a Java applet that will demonstrate the mathematical problem Called Monty's Dilemma.
A glossary of Statistical Terms from SticiGui